Following on from an update of government guidelines announced on Monday we are pleased to say that Groves in Bridport and Little Groves, Beaminster will be opening from Wednesday.
We have been busy working whilst closed, preparing the shop to be as safe as possible for you and us. We have widened the tills, put up the Perspex screens and introduced a one-way system amongst lots of other little things. Unfortunately, we won't quite be the Groves you all know and love just yet, there are quite a few restrictions which we are having to introduce in order to open...
- We will now open 10am every day. This will give our team a couple of hours in the morning to prepare for the day, water plants and process home delivery and click and collect orders.
- Groves in Bridport will be open 7 days a week. Little Groves will only be open 10am until 4pm Tuesday until Saturday.
- Please park in the car parks at the back of the garden centre. Only the "new" entrance at the back of the shop will be in use. The top car parks will be used for click and collect and bulk goods collection.
- We will be limiting the number of customers allowed in the store at any one time. This may vary depending on how customers spread around the site. You may have to queue outside the entrance whist waiting for others to finish their shopping.
- We have also limited the number of parking spaces for this same reason. Please only park in the designated spaces.
- You will be asked to wash or sanitise your hands before entering.
- We will only allow two people per household into the centre at any one time.
- For the time being no dogs are allowed in, only assistance dogs.
- We have set up a one-way system in the shop. Please follow this when shopping.
- Please remember to stay 2m from others, including members of our team.
- All our garden furniture has been relocated into Ivy House. This has allowed us to spread our tills out. We now have four separated till lanes. Please chose a till lane that has the smallest queue.
- We are only accepting card payments. We have increased our contactless limit to £45 so you can pay for more items without using the pin pad.
- Sorry but for the time being we are unable to accept the paper National Garden Gift Vouchers. We will be able to accept these again when we start accepting cash.
- Only four people will be allowed in the pet area and six in Ivy House (for garden furniture and BBQs) at any one time.
- Ivy House is closed as a restaurant.
- There will be no public toilet facilities available.
We still have a large part of our team on furlough because they are unable to return to work for the time being whether it’s for their own health reasons, they live with or care for vulnerable people or they have school children, so our team is by no means up to full strength. There are also some issues in the supply chain with nurseries, factories and warehouses all having been closed down for the past few weeks so stock levels might not be where we would like them to be.
I believe we have made the shopping experience at Groves and Little Groves as safe as possible and I look forward to seeing you all in store again soon.
Other ways to shop
We understand that there are those that can’t leave their home or don’t want to be in a shop, for this reason we intend to carry on with our delivery and click and collect service as best we can.
Can I just use this opportunity to say thank you to all of the loyal customers than have supported us through this. It’s been a tricky few months, and it’s not going to get easier for a while but your patience and support and kind messages have meant so much to everyone working here.