A simple maintenance routine will ensure that your Kadai Firebowl gives you pleasure for years to come.
Your Kadai will take on a natural rust finish; this is part of the character of the bowl Periodically use wire wool on the bowl, stand and tongs to remove any loose rust
· Regular oiling of the grills and bowl with vegetable oil will help to keep them in good condition.
· The grills have been pre-coated with cooking oil that has been heated to cure them, similar to a wok, but this will burn off on their first use.
· After use it is advisable to clean the grills with a wire brush and hot soapy water, dry with a cloth and re-apply cooking oil then store in a dry place.
· We recommend that fire bowls are stored inside during the winter but in summer use the cover that is water resistant to keep the sand dry so it’s ready to go when you do want to cook
· Do not use abrasive cleaners on your firebowl.