Ten Best Summer Herbs
Spice up your barbeques, salads, ice creams, cocktails and summer punches with fragrant summer herbs.
1. Basil Great on salads, a summer pesto spread on bread or in Tequila cocktails
2. Borage The pretty blue flowers look great floating in a glass of Pimms.
3 Chervil Has a mild sweet aniseed flavour that works well with fish
4. Chives Chopped up finely tastes wonderful in salads & great with potatoes.
5. Coriander Tasty sprinkled on chicken or fish dishes
6. English Lavender Try delicious ice cream and sponge cakes made with lavender
7. Mint Really versatile and adds great flavour to burgers, Mojitos and salsas.
8. Oregano Great on grilled tomatoes or grilled fresh prawns
9. Rosemary Good with all meats. Add to oils and vinegar.
10. Thyme Great sprinkled on beef with garlic, or chicken with garlic & lemon