Serving our local community
We are privileged to be able to be able to remain open during the Autumn 2020 lockdown.
Garden centres have been classed as an essential shop, and this is not a responsibility we have taken lightly. Our aim is to provide the safest possible shopping environment for our wonderful customers and fabulous team during this difficult time. For this reason, we have reintroduced some of the guidelines that we used to ensure safe shopping in the Spring…
- We will be closely monitoring numbers in our centre to ensure social distancing can be maintained. This might mean you have to queue to get in.
- Please only bring those shopping that need to come with you. Limiting numbers in store will mean that others will have to wait outside until we are below the permitted level.
- Please park in the lower car park and use the main entrance into the plant area. The top entrance to the shop will be closed.
- We have hand sanitation stations regularly placed throughout the centre and we ask that all customers wash their hands when they enter.
- Wearing a facemask is compulsory throughout the centre, unless you are exempt. If you forget yours, we have some spares, please ask.
- All of our trollies and baskets are sanitised before being reused.
- We have one-way systems throughout the centre. Please follow these.
- Little Groves will also be open with similar restrictions in place.
- Our restaurant, Ivy House will be closed until these restrictions are relaxed.
In these difficult times remember that gardening is great for the soul, body and mind. Even in bad weather, seasonal houseplants and patio containers are wonderful to brighten up your home. Autumn really is a key season in the gardener’s calendar. It’s natures time to plant and we get fresh supplies of bare root roses, trees, soft fruit and bare root hedging. Our experts will be on hand throughout November for any advice on projects or ideas you might have for the garden.
We also offer an extensive rage of pet and farm food, wild bird food as well as household fuel such as logs and coal. All of which can be delivered to your door or ordered via our click and collect system.
As we are all required to spend more time at home, we hope you will find your garden remains a relaxing place of calm and well-being. If you are able to visit us, we will make sure our garden centre is a safe place to shop during lockdown.
We will be open 8am until 5pm Monday until Saturday (Little Groves 9am-5pm), 10am until 4pm Sunday.
Stay safe and look after each other
Charlie, Becky, Clive, Di and the whole of the Groves Team xxx