Little Groves Beaminster
We're taking a winter break and will re-open on Monday, January 29th 2018
It's that time of year when we are busy behind the scenes getting things ready for the growing season ahead so are closed now till the end of January. However, you can still click & collect your winter fuel and other shopping from our website or visit Big Groves in Bridport.
Little Groves Nursery is a small nursery nestled amongst a small landscaped garden in Beaminster, Dorset. We are a traditional plant nursery and are a smaller sister branch of Groves Nurseries and Garden Centre in Bridport. As well as a general nursery selling perennials, shrubs and climbers, we also specialise in herbs and other aromatic plants and are keen to promote wildlife-friendly gardening methods.When you visit our nursery you will see that the sales area of the nursery is laid out in themes, such as Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter colour, shade plants, cottage plants, ground cover plants etc. This is to help our customers to plan their gardens and get a better idea of what could grow where in their garden and what plants look good together. So even if you have no gardening experience, you have an easy way to start getting some!
We have a small but enthusiastic team of staff who are always happy to help with advice and ideas for your garden.
- At Little Groves, we also like to get out and about a bit and take a snippet of the nursery to various local events. In 2017 we went to :
- Athelhampton House Spring Plant Fair - Sunday 7th May
- July - Leigh Food Fair - Saturday 29th July
- August - Melplash Show - Thursday 24th August
- December: Beaminster Christmas Lights Festival - Friday 1st December
- We like to take along a range of herbs, which we lay out in recipe categories, as well as many of our favourite scented and seasonal plants.
- We also like getting to meet many of the local gardening clubs, WI and community groups as well as school groups through giving talks, group visits and workshops.
Our opening times are:
March – September: Monday - Saturday: 9 am - 5 pm, Sundays: 10 am - 4 pm
October– February: Monday - Saturday 9 am - 5 pm but we will be open 7 days a week in December
January: Closed till January 29th, 2018 when we re-open
Find us on the outskirts of Beaminster (approximately 7 miles north of Bridport). We’re located on the A3066, North of Beaminster between the town and the tunnel!
Telephone 01308 862030